Health Services at the James A. Watson Wellness Center
The James A. Watson Wellness Center is the model for health care in the African-American community. The clinic includes public and private partnerships, relationships with faith-based organizations, hospitals, health maintenance organizations, nurses, pharmacist, labs and our community leaders. Most importantly, the James A. Watson Wellness Center provides disease prevention and direct services for those who need it most.
The North Oakland Pharmacy has been located within the clinic for more than 45 years. The North Oakland Pharmacy understands the need for a comprehensive disease management program and is implementing a “collaborative relationship with physicians and patients”.
The James A. Watson Wellness Center offers the following services:
- Health Care for Men and Women
- Improved Access to Health Care
- Chronic Disease Reduction and Management
- Health Advocacy and Cultural Competency
- Clinical Research Trials
- Health Education/Health Beat TV Show/Public Speaking
- Disease Prevention, Management and Disparity Reduction.
- Sports Medicine
- Nursing Schools: Samuel Merritt, LifeLine Healthcare Consultant, etc.
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Shawl Injury Rehab Chiropractic Care/DME
- Good Night Sleep Disorders Diagnostic Services
- In Patient Hospital Care
- Medical Cannabis Consultations
- Laboratory Services
Preventive Care Pathways 501(c)(3)
Preventive Care Pathways 501(c)(3) is committed to helping the re-entry populations. We provide assistance in drug and alcohol treatment, housing, mental health and transportation. We are a training site for those who have been previously incarcerated to learn soft skills in interviewing, resume writing, administrative and medical health care training. Please contact: Genine Turner at (510) 444-9460 x 365.